Friday 13 May 2016

Me Made May 16 - Week 2

OK, so let's crack on with this week's round up.

Day 7 - Grainline Scout Tee in Atelier Brunette cotton cambric
This gets worn all the time, since I realised it goes with this cardigan, which is actually Country Casuals and used to be my Mum's! I have made quite a few Scouts but there is something that slightly bugs me about this version, that I can't quite pinpoint. The sleeves kind of stick out, and the shoulders don't quite sit right. That said, I still love this Scout for summer or winter. Keeper.

Day 8 - Megan Nielsen Eucalypt Tank in Cotton + Steel rayon challis
This is a happy top. I mean how can you not be happy wearing such a beautiful, bright, saturated blue?! My only Eucalypt so far, but I love this. A bit more of a summery item, but it will get worn lots this summer, and I really need to make sure I make more! Keeper.

Bonus pic for today: my Grainline Moss mini. This was always in the "debatable" category and you can see why here. I honestly was planning to wear this today, but it barely stays up. I have chucked it in the cupboard for the time being. I'm ostensibly keeping it as a muslin for a future make, but honestly, I think I need to size down before I even start doing anything else, so this will probably go to the charity shop instead. Sad face. Not a keeper. Leaver?

Day 9 - Grainline Scout Tee with pleat front, in viscose
Thank goodness that some of the items I made while on Maternity leave still fit! This was made with easy access for breastfeeding in mind, but it continues to be an item that is worn a lot. Keeper.

Day 10 - Grainline Scout dress in self block printed chambray
I honestly didn't mean to wear all the Scouts in one week, but I guess it's a good advert for how versatile this pattern is! Love this dress. It's very swingy, and, as I learnt today, has potential for a Marilyn-style wardrobe malfunction on a windy day. But still! Super comfy, cool (in both senses) and I PRINTED THE FABRIC MYSELF! Keeper!

Day 11 - Floral Charlotte skirt with blue maternity tee (Megan Nielsen/Kimono tee mash up)
Um, yes. I am wearing a maternity tee here. As it was originally, unadulterated maternity tee. The extra fabric is just all tucked in. I really need to make something else to go with this skirt. And probably alter this tee.
The skirt? I only wear this in the summer, but I wear it all summer long, and apparently I haven't gone off it, so it's likely to live another year in my wardrobe. It does need taken in at the waist though. Must do that. Keeper.

Day 12 - Simplicity 2360 (unblogged) in bird print cotton
I actually was planning to get rid of this dress. I have worn it almost to death since I made it pre-blog, summer and winter, and to be honest I am just a bit fed up of looking at it. Plus the fabric has faded a lot, particularly at the hem (no idea why there particularly). But having worn it today, I think I'll keep it for the summer at least. It's a great shape, it's comfy to wear, and it's a great dress for a summer's day. Keeper. For now.

Day 13 - Little Tailoress Emmeline Tee in Liberty Tana Crepe
Still love this. Love the print. Love the shape. Keeper.

Bonus pic - Titchy Threads Rowan Tee and self drafted hat (not yet blogged).
Small Boy had Book Week at school this week. No idea if this was a national thing, or if it was just his school. Anyway, today he was to dress up as a character from a favourite book. We picked Sam-I-Am as a relatively easy costume to make, although it did take me all week! Totally worth it though. I had to prise the hat off his head at bedtime.

So, where does that leave us?



A further 8 items worn, with a further 14 still to wear. I have also tried on and discarded one item from my "debatable" category, with only 2 still to try. Plus the maternity tee which I wasn't included in the initial count purely because I forgot about it! Not bad going. Also, I'm surprised to see such a lot of blue. I genuinely wouldn't have thought it was a colour I particularly gravitated towards, but apparently I do.

Just shy of the halfway point. Are you fed up yet, or are you still going strong?



SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I still love the Scout Dress - day 10. And Day 12 is rather similar - and lovely. Don't throw it away!
    I like how you've presented the first half of MMM - keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bird print cotton dress its beautiful and really suits you!
    Frankie
    http://knitwits-owls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going your doing really well. Although this moss skirt maybe leaving you the shape suits you so perhaps another smaller one in the future?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

© Grosgrain Green | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig